Wrestling with Forgiveness! Part 1
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, our heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. Matthew 6:14-15
Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know
what they are doing.” Luke 23:34
Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart.”
Matthew 18:21, 35
- Paul confidently asked Philemon to forgive Onesimus because he knew Philemon had a heart for God and for people. Philemon verses 1-11
- Philemon was Paul’s friend and fellow worker who was devoted to a deep relationship with God.
- Philemon showed hospitality to the early church by opening his home for worship of God.
- Philemon demonstrated a strong faith in God.
- Philemon loved the saints.
- Philemon was growing in his understanding of the gospel.
- Philemon was committed to the refreshment of the saints.
Main Idea: You demonstrate a deep abiding love relationship with Christ by choosing to forgive those who have wounded you by their words or actions.
- How are you doing in choosing to forgive those who have wounded you?
- How are you doing in pursuing a deep, abiding relationship with Christ?