The King is Coming: Wrath and Worship
Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near. Revelation 1:3
During the great tribulation after the rapture of the church
- The Lamb opens 7 seals that reveal His terrible, timely wrath on all those on the earth who reject Him. 6:1-17; 8:1
- The 144,000, who are God’s servants from the twelve tribes of Israel, are graciously sealed by God. 7:1-8
- Celebratory worship takes place in heaven by the angels and those who have trusted in the sacrifice of the Lamb. 7:9-12
- The tribulation martyrs will serve God in heaven and the Lamb will shepherd them. 7:13-17
Lessons for us:
God always punishes those who reject his Son and wound and kill his followers.
God graciously empowers his people to carry out his plans.
God is worthy of our celebratory worship for who He is and what He has done.
God always rewards those who live sacrificially for Him.
- What sacrifices are you making for the Lord?
- How engaged are you in corporate worship of God?
- Who in your life needs the Savior? What is God prompting you to do about it?