The Resurrection Changes Everything
And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. I Corinthians 15:17
The prediction of the resurrection.
“We are going up to Jerusalem, he said, and the son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will hand him over to the Gentiles, who will mock him and spit on him, flog him and kill him. Three days later he will rise.” Mark 10:33-34
The proof of the resurrection.
“He saw and believed.” John 20:8
“Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news: ‘I have seen the Lord!’” John 20:18
“The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.” John 20:20
“Then he said to Thomas, ‘Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.’ Thomas said to him, ‘My Lord and my God!’” John 20:27-28
“Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.” I Corinthians 15:3b-8
The personal impact of the resurrection.
“But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.” John 20:31
- If you personally believe in the resurrected Christ you have an unbroken eternal relationship with God.
- You have forgiveness of your personal sins. Acts 13:38-39
- You have a place in heaven. John 20:31
- You have hope beyond the grave. I Thessalonians 4:13
- You have power to live a life that pleases God. Galatians 2:20
- You have motivation to share the good news with those who do not have a relationship with God. Luke 24:46-47
- Have you placed your trust in the resurrected Christ?
- Is the truth of the resurrection evident in your life daily by your attitude and actions?
“Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?’”