The Responsibility of Representing Christ
2 Corinthians 5:10-21
“God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.” 2 Corinthians 5:21
Main Idea: The value of the sacrifice of God’s Son has been entrusted to us so that the greatest need of mankind might be fulfilled through Christ.
- Two motivating truths for reaching out to others on Christ’s behalf: Vs.10-15
- Because we know that we will be accountable before Christ, we should not be passive in presenting the gift of his forgiveness. Vs.11
- Because Christ loved us and gave himself for us, our appropriate response is to live with devotion for him. Vs.14
The role of Jesus as both our judge and savior should motivate our efforts to reach others with the good news of God’s forgiveness through faith in Christ.
- Our reconciliation to God should revise our assessment of others; we should no longer view others with human judgment, but with God’s valuation. Vs.16-19
- As ambassadors for Christ we are entrusted with the most generous gift ever given and the solution to mankind’s greatest problem. Vs.20-21