The Patient and Loving Father
“But Because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions – it is by grace you have been saved.”
Main Idea: The Lord loves sinful people and patiently waits for them to repent.
The Setting for Jesus teach this parable 15:1-2
- Jesus was spending time with those who . Luke 5:27-32
Jesus was spending time with those for whom he would .
The Lord greatly values each individual who is lost and He will go to great lengths to bring them back. 15:4,8,13
- The sheep wandered and the shepherd hiked for him.
- The coin was lost and the woman searched for it.
- The son left and the father ran to meet him.
The Lord is gracious, patient and loving with those who need to repent. 15:11-32
- The father allowed the younger son to go his own way.
- The son soon became miserable and desperate and wanted to return.
- The father was overjoyed and lovingly received the lost son.
- The older brother did not respond with joy, but with bitterness.
- Who do you identify with in the story of the lost son? The father, the lost son or the older brother?
- Has some sin made you miserable? Do you believe the Lord is eagerly awaiting your repentance?
- Is there some relationship where you need to play the role of the patient and loving father?