The King Is Coming: Woe to the Worldly!
“Behold, I am coming soon! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book.” Revelation 22:7
Context: During the great tribulation Babylon, is the headquarters of the antichrist and all that is evil in the world and in opposition to God and his followers. She will seduce the nations to be in alignment with her. She will be judged, and the world economy will be ruined, and the kings and merchants of the world will mourn over her. The King of kings and Lord of lords will defeat all His enemies and His followers will be vindicated.
Lessons for us:
- Satan will manipulate the wicked to kill those who live for the Lord. 17:6; 18:24
- Christ will defeat the wicked at his Second Coming.17:14; 19:11-21
- The faithful must separate from the wicked so they will not be seduced to join in their sins.18:4; 2 Cor. 6:14-7:1
- There is potential for any Christ follower to be seduced into friendship with the world. James 4:4-6
- You can rejoice that God’s justice will prevail against those who have killed the righteous. 18:20
Application: Are you being seduced by the evil of this world or are you walking in the truth? Do you need to separate from someone or something in order to remain faithful to the Lord?
After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude
in heaven shouting:
Salvation and glory and power belong to our God,
for true and just are his judgments.
He has condemned the great prostitute
who corrupted the earth by her adulteries.
He has avenged on her the blood of his servants.”