The King Is Coming:
The Word, The Witnesses and Worship
“Behold I am coming soon! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book.” Revelation 22:7
During the great tribulation…
- John receives from an angel the revelation of the Lord’s future judgment on the world which is sweet to the faithful and sour to the wicked. 10:1-11
- The two witnesses who are protected by the Lord announce judgment on the world until they are killed by the anti-Christ and then resurrected by the Lord. 11:1-14
- The seventh trumpet announces worship of the Lord in heaven because His judgments on the wicked will be perfect and He will soon come to rule over the earth. 11:15-19
Lessons for us:
- God reveals to you in His word His plans for judgment and blessing.
- God fully protects you until you have completed your God ordained mission as His witness.
- God will reign eternally and powerfully over his kingdom which should motivate you to worship Him.
Application: What are you doing to know His word? Where has God called you to be His witness? How are you doing as a witness for Him? How engaged are you in worship of our coming King?
Yes, I am coming soon. Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.