The King is Coming: Overcoming Satan and His Allies
“Behold, I am coming soon! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book.” Revelation 22:7
Main Idea: Since his deception of Adam and Eve in the garden Satan has waged war against the people of God and our savior Christ.
Satan’s war against the people of God and the Christ intensifies during the great tribulation because he knows his time is short and he wants the world to worship him. 12:1-13:18
- He tried to destroy the Christ at his birth. 12:4
- He tries to destroy saved Israel during 1260 days of the tribulation. 12:6,13-17
- He is thrown out of heaven with his followers during the tribulation.12:7-9
- He empowers the antichrist and false prophet to deceive those on the earth so that they will worship him. 13:1-18
The people of God during the tribulation will overcome their adversary Satan by
- Appealing to the shed blood of Christ. 12:11a
- Declaring their testimony of faith in Christ. 12:11b
- A willingness to sacrifice their lives for Christ. 12:11b
- Patient endurance during their suffering. 13:10b
- A commitment to being faithful to the Lord. 13:10c
As a New Testament saint, you can overcome your adversary Satan by
- Submitting to God.
- Resisting the Devil.
- Standing firm in the faith. James 4:7-8 and I Peter 5:8-9
Application: What kind of testimony are you living for the Lord before those around you? How are you doing in the battle against Satan? Are you an overcomer in this battle?