The Joy of Unity in Christ
“Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a
manner worthy of the Gospel of Christ.”
Main Idea: Unselfish, unified believers rightly represent the Gospel of Christ, selflessly serve one another, and joyfully glorify the Lord.
- We are called to be unified because we are citizens of heaven. 1:27-30
- Standing together in a spiritual battle for the Gospel to be heard.
- Standing together in belief.
- Standing together in suffering.
- Humility is key to unity for the sake of Christ. 2:1-4
- Unified in thought, heart, spirit and purpose.
- The antithesis of unity is selfishness.
- The supreme example of humility and unselfishness. 2:5-11
- Humble in attitude.
- Humble in actions.
v Are you a citizen of heaven?
v Do your attitudes and actions reflect well on the Gospel?
v Is your default response to look out for your interests first?
v Are you unified with Christ?
v Are you unified with the family of God?