“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.” John 15:9-11
Main Idea: Deep, satisfying joy comes from God’s presence in you.
- Joyful because God is at work within you. 1:1-8
- Justification: God views me as Just as if I’d never sinned
- Sanctification: The ongoing process of spiritual growth.
- Joyful because of spiritual fruit. 1:9-11
- Fruit of righteousness – The righteousness we receive from Christ.
- Fruits of the Spirit, Galatians 5:22: Love, Joy, Peace….
- Joy beyond circumstances. 1:12-20
- Not quenched by chains. 1:12-14
- Not quenched by rivalry. 1:15-18
- Not quenched by the scrutiny of others or the threat of death. 1:19-20
- Joy that extends beyond life. 1:20-26
v Is joy missing from your life?
v Do you search for joy in circumstances?
v Are you actively involved in your relationship with the Lord?
v Would you like to stop struggling for happiness and receive joy from God?