Serve the Lord: Remember His Faithfulness
Now fear the Lord and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your forefathers worshiped beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:14-15
Context: God miraculously led the nation across the Jordan into the Promised Land and directed them to create a memorial to this event as a testimony to them and the world of His mighty power.
Lessons from Joshua 4
- Memorials to God’s amazing actions on your behalf help you remember His faithfulness to you.
- Memorials to God’s amazing actions on your behalf help you teach generations to come that God is faithful.
- Memorials to God’s amazing actions on your behalf testify to you and others that God is powerful.
- Memorials to God’s amazing actions on your behalf encourage you to humbly worship Him.
Main Idea: Memorials remind us that we serve an amazing all powerful God who works on our behalf when we are obedient to Him.
- How do you remember God’s faithfulness to you?
- How are you doing in sharing the faithfulness of God to those around you?