Serve the Lord: Faith in Action
Now fear the Lord and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your forefathers worshiped beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:14-15
Outline of Joshua 2
- Joshua sent spies into the Promised Land to prepare the way for the nation to obediently follow the Lords directions to conquer the land. 2:1
- The Spies had a divine appointment in Jericho with Rahab who had come to believe in the God of Israel. 2:2-21
- Because Rahab had heard of God’s miraculous work on behalf of his chosen people she believed.
- Because of her belief in Yahweh she protected the spies.
- Because of her protection of the spies she and her family were rescued. 2:17-20; 6:22-25
- Because of her protection of the spies she was honored with surprising blessings. Matthew 1:5; Hebrews 11:31 and James 2:25
- The Spies were convinced that God would give the nation the land He had promised them. 2:22-24
Life Lessons from Joshua 2:
- Preparation to do the will of God is vital.
- No one is beyond the grace of God.
- Courageous obedience to the Lord impacts others.
- God rewards our faithful and courageous obedience to do his will.
Application: Who in your life needs to be impacted by the grace of God? What is God asking you to do? Do you have the courage to do it?