Serve the Lord: A Lasting Legacy
Joshua Chapters 23-24
“Now fear the Lord and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your forefathers worshiped beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:14,15b
- Spiritual leaders passionately pursue a right relationship with God.
- Spiritual leaders challenge the faithful to choose to pursue a life of wholehearted devotion to the Lord.
- Spiritual leaders remind the faithful that God keeps his promises.
- Spiritual leaders warn the faithful of the consequences of pursuing idols.
- Spiritual leaders are committed to finishing well for the glory of God!
Main Idea: You will leave a lasting, beautiful, spiritual legacy to those who know you best if you faithfully serve, love and obey the Lord.
- Have you trusted Christ as your savior?
- Are you regularly making a personal commitment to love, obey and serve the Lord as his disciple?
“I urge you, brothers (sisters) in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” Romans 12:1-2