Seeing Jesus For Who He Really Is
“A voice came from the cloud, saying, ‘This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him.’” Luke 9:35
Main Idea: The one we follow is truly greater than what the world offers.
- A disciple of Christ is called to continually set aside autonomy. Vs 21-23
- Carrying a cross is a sign of submission.
- Carrying a cross meant scorn from the world.
- A disciple is called to give up what the world can provide in exchange for that which only God can provide. Vs. 24-46
- A disciple is called to give up worldly security.
- A disciple is called to give up worldly glory.
- A disciple relies on the true identity of Christ and trusts in Him alone for the future. Vs. 27-33
- Jesus was transformed into His glorious state.
- Moses and Elijah were encouraging Christ in His redemptive work.
- We follow Christ with confidence knowing that He truly is God’s Son.
v Do you struggle to give God control of your life? In what areas to you still want to have control?
v What worldly temptations tend to pull you away from following Christ?