Pursuing the Peace of God
“And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.”
Main idea: An abiding relationship with Christ produces peace with one another, peace within and peace in life’s circumstances.
- Pursue peace with one another. 4:2-7
- Rejoice in what God has done for you.
- Be gentle and kind.
- Remove your anxiousness.
- Be thankful.
- Realign yourself with God through prayer.
- Pursue peace personally. 4:8-9
- Dwell on thoughts that please the Father.
- Put into practice that which pleases the Father.
- Find peace in your present circumstances. 4:10-23
- Find joy in contentment.
- Trust in the great provider.
Is there someone with whom I need to seek personal peace?
Do I respond to uncertainty with dependence or fear?
Do I direct my thoughts or am I carried on by circumstances?
Do I rely on God as my provider or myself?