No Turning Back!
“It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” Galatians 5:1
- Paul was fearful that those he cared about the most had now lost their way spiritually. 4:8-11
- Paul was concerned that those who had shown him great love had now lost their joy in the Lord because they viewed him as an enemy who had confronted them with truth. 4:12-16
- Paul was frustrated because those he had sacrificed for were being won over by zealous frauds. 4:17-20
- Turning your back on the freedom found in the gospel of grace results in slavery to the principles of this world.
- Any acceptance of distortions of the gospel of grace can make you joyless.
- The freedom found in the truth of the gospel of grace brings you great joy in the Lord.
- There is potential for anyone in Christ to be fooled by the enthusiasm of those who distort the gospel of grace.
- To help others grow deep in their relationship with Christ requires personal sacrifice.
Main Idea: We are free to experience true joy when we pursue a deep, abiding, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.
Memorize: I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20