Living by Faith: No Excuses!
“for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”
- All of humanity deserves God’s wrath because they have chosen to reject God, who is revealed to them in the creation, and live a life of wickedness. 1:18-23
- The wrath of God includes God giving guilty humanity over to their sinful desires to worship the creature and reject the creator. 1:24-25
- The wrath of God includes God giving guilty humanity over to pursue their sexual perversions. 1:26-27
- The wrath of God includes God giving guilty humanity over to live out their depraved desires. 1:28-32
- The wrath of God includes God’s judgment on the judgmental. 2:1-5
- Do you find yourself making excuses for your sin?
- How does this passage convince you that we all need the righteousness of Christ?
- What does this passage teach us about the consequences of sin?
- Have you found yourself judging the sins of others and not being honest about your own sin?
- How has the kindness of the Lord led you to be honest about your own sin to confess it and turn away from it?
As we discuss the wrath of God against sinful humanity we must remember these gracious and loving words from Romans 3:21-24. “But now a righteousness from God, apart from the law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”