New Creation Freedom
“It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” Galatians 5:1
Main Idea: When you trust in the sufficiency of Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit to live the Christian life you are blessed to live a life of new creation freedom.
- Paul passionately proclaims his final words to the faithful. Vs. 11
- Paul passionately calls out the flawed methodology of the legalists. Vv. 12-13
- The legalists were intimidators.
- The legalists were motivated by fear.
- The legalists were law breakers.
- The legalists were seeking recognition.
- Paul passionately proclaims the significance of the cross of Christ. Vv. 14-15
- The cross of Christ gives him power over sin.
- The cross of Christ makes the Old Covenant way irrelevant.
- The cross of Christ makes it possible to be a new creation in Christ.
- Paul passionately proclaims his legitimacy because he has suffered for Christ. Vs. 17
- Paul passionately proclaims a blessing on the faithful. Vv. 16,18
Lessons for us:
- You become a new creation in Christ when you trust in the finished work of Christ on the cross.
- You are able to have power over sin when you focus on the cross of Christ.
- You are given the ability to live the Christian life in the power of the Holy Spirit when you daily depend on the blessing of God’s enablement and grace.
- Remember religious rules and regulations do not produce the freedom you can have when you trust in Christ.
- You may be called to suffer for the gospel.
NO AUDIO AVAILABLE