- Jerusalem was in great trouble because they had experienced the discipline of the Lord for their rebellion against the word of God. Nehemiah 1:3, 2:17,
2 Chronicles 36:15-23
- God graciously promised that he would bring restoration to Jerusalem and the Promised Land. Jeremiah 29:14
- God kept his covenant promises to Israel by strategically providing leaders to bring revival and restoration. Ezra 1:1-4, Ezra 7:6-10, Nehemiah 1:1,4
- Nehemiah was a leader used by God to rebuild the wall in Jerusalem and to bring about revival in the land. 2:18, 6:3, 10:28-29
- God disciplines those he loves.
- God always keeps his promises.
- God graciously restores the repentant.
- God strategically works through godly leaders to get his work done.
What will we learn from our study of the life of Nehemiah, a godly leader?
- He will teach us about spiritual revival and restoration.
- He will teach us what it means to have a heart for God.
- He will teach us about courageous leadership.
- He will teach us how to deal with those who oppose us.
- He will teach us about prayer.
- He will teach us how to live and lead wisely.
- He will teach us about a vibrant and intimate relationship with God.
- He will teach us about passionately pursuing the work of God.
- He will teach us about the importance of following the word of God.
- He will teach us about confronting those involved in sin.