Love Never Fails: Is Not Self-Seeking
I Corinthians 6:1-11
Christ followers in spiritual healthy churches …
- resolve their conflicts in the body of Christ as a testimony to the world that the gospel is powerfully at work in their relationships. Vv. 1-8
- resist continuing in sins of the past because they know they would lose eternal reward. Vv.9-10
- resist continuing in sins of the past by choosing to focus on what the triune God has accomplished for them. Vs. 11
- If you have trusted Christ as your savior you have been cleansed of sin.
- If you have trusted Christ as your savior you have been set apart to live a holy life.
- If you have trusted Christ as your savior you have been declared righteous.
Main Idea: Christ followers in spiritually healthy churches choose to work out their conflicts with fellow believers in the body of Christ and they turn their back on the sins of the past.
- Are you personally committed to resolving your conflicts with fellow believers in the church?
- Are you focusing on what God has done for you when you put your trust in Christ?
- Are you choosing to say no to sin because you know you will lose eternal reward if you continue in unconfessed sin?
- What are you choosing to do to contribute to Madison Bible Church being a healthy unified church?
For next week memorize I Corinthians 13:9-10