Love Never Fails: Honor God with Your Body Part 3
I Corinthians 7:17-40
You are not our own you; you were bought at a price.
Therefore honor God with your body. I Corinthians 6:19b-20
Three reminders from last week:
- You honor God with your body in your marriage by enjoying physical intimacy with your spouse.
- You honor God with your body as a single person by remaining celibate.
- You honor God with your body by freely choosing to remain in your marriage.
You honor God with your body when you are devoted to following Christ in word and deed. I Corinthians 7:17-24
“Keeping God’s commands is what counts.”
“The Lord’s freedman”
“bought at a price”
“responsible to God”
You honor God with your body when you wisely choose singleness or marriage on the basis of how it impacts your undivided devotion to God. I Corinthians 7:25-35
“those who marry will face many troubles in this life”
“this world in its present form is passing away”
“concerned about the Lord’s affairs”
“concerned about the affairs of this world”
Two special cases related to marriage and singleness:
- You have freedom within the plan of God for your life to choose marriage or singleness. I Corinthians 7:36-38
- If your spouse dies you have freedom to choose to remarry a believer or stay single. I Corinthians 7:39-40
Application: How is your marriage impacting your devotion to God? How has the sacrifice of Christ for you impacted your service for Him? How are you making sure that you are honoring God with your body?