Living By Faith: Our True Identity
“count ourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus” Romans 6:11
Main Idea: Christ’s death and resurrection graciously provides for our justification and the opportunity to be experientially free from sin.
Lessons for us:
- God’s abundant grace lavished on us is never an excuse to sin. 6:1-2
- Note: Our identity with Christ is established by the baptizing work of the Holy Spirit. 6:3-4; I Corinthians 12:13 and Galatians 3:27-28
- Christ’s victory over sin is positional truth. 6:4b-5
- Christ’s victory over sin was and is absolute. 6:6-10
- Christ’s victory over sin comes alive in our daily experience when we choose to believe that we have solidarity with Him in his death and resurrection. 6:11
- Have you been using the grace of God as an excuse to sin?
- Are you experiencing victory over sin in your daily life?
- What are you doing to allow the Holy Spirit to use the word of God to convince you of the new life you have in Christ?