Living by Faith: Justified Freely Forever
The gracious, sacrificial cross work of Christ provided for all who are totally depraved the opportunity to be declared righteous by faith. 3:21-26
- The gracious cross work of Christ for the sins of the world is revealed in the word of God. 3:21
- The gracious cross work of Christ satisfied the wrath of God against all our personal sin. 3:23,25a
- The gracious cross work of Christ was the full payment for our sin. 3:24
- The gracious cross work of Christ is applied to our lives when we choose to personally believe in His sacrifice for us. 3:22, 25b-26
The gracious, sacrificial cross work of Christ fully provided for our justification. 3:27-31
- We cannot boast about our justification because Christ did it all.
- We cannot boast about our justification because keeping the law will not justify us. 3:21,27-28,31
- We cannot boast about our justification because it is offered to all by faith. 3:29-30
Main Idea: When we respond in faith to the finished work of Christ on our behalf, we are declared righteous forever.
- Have you trusted in the finished work of Christ for your personal salvation?
- Who in your life needs to hear about what Christ has done for them?
- Will you pray for them and tell them this good news?