Living by Faith: Father Abraham
He (Abraham) is the father of us all. 4:16b
And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend. James 2:23
The testimony of the Old Testament is that all must be justified by faith. 4:1-25
- The example of Abraham proves that we all must be justified by faith. 4:1-5,22-25 3:23-24
- The words of David reveal that God forgives the sins of all who are justified by faith. 4:6-8
- Abraham who was justified by faith is the spiritual father of all who have been justified by faith. 4:9-17; Galatians 3:6-11
- The priority of justifying faith puts circumcision in perspective. 4:9-12
- The priority of justifying faith puts the law in perspective. 4:13-17
- Abraham, the friend of God, demonstrated justifying faith and persevering faith. 4:18-22; James 2:20-24; Hebrews 11:8-12, 17-19
- Are you convinced that you stand righteous before a holy God because you have been justified (declared righteous) by your faith in Christ?
- Are you choosing to persevere in your faith?
- Are you struggling to persevere in your faith?