Living by Faith: A New Solidarity
For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.
I Cor. 15:22b
Each one of us begin life guilty before God because of our solidarity with Adam. 5:12- 21
- Adam’s one sin in the garden corrupted all of humanity. 5:12,19a
- Note: Sin was always present in the world, but the Law magnified sin and revealed our deep need to be rescued by Christ. 5:13-14, 20a
- Adam’s one sin in the garden brought condemnation on all of humanity. 5:16
- Adam’s one sin in the garden put all of humanity under the reign of death. 5:14a,15a, 17a, 21a
Each one of us can personally choose by faith to have solidarity with Christ. 5:15-21
- The cross work of Christ demonstrates God’s super abundant grace offered to you. 5:15b,17b,20b
- The cross work of Christ made it possible for you to be declared righteous. 18b,19b
- The cross work of Christ made it possible for you to reign in life. 5:17b,21b; 2 Cor. 5:14-15
- Have you personally received the gift of eternal life by faith in Christ?
- Are you living your life in solidarity with Adam or with Christ?