Joyfully Pressing On Toward The Goal
“What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things.”
Main idea: Pursuing religious approval can rob you of the Lord’s joy and distract you from Him.
- Beware of those who add religious living to salvation by faith in Christ. 3:1-6
- Beware of those who want you to conform to their standards.
- Following the flesh leads to futility (Philippians 3:7), following the Spirit will lead you towards a life that pleases God. 1 John 3:21-24
- Sanctification is an out working of the Spirit and not a means to obtaining God’s favor. Philippians 2:12-13
- What we gain from following Christ far outweighs all that we give up for his sake. 3:7-11
- The gift of imputed righteousness is greater than anything the World has to offer.
- You are invited into an intimate relationship with Christ, your creator, savior and friend.
- Following Christ is a continual decision and joy-filled endeavor. 3:12-14
- Salvation occurs at a point in time, but sanctification happens every day.
- Do not allow your past to discourage you from striving to know Christ.
- Be reminded to have a heavenly perspective of your temporary journey on earth.
- Do I seek to know Jesus personally and follow him daily?
- Do I impose religious standards on others that distract them from God’s gift of righteousness?
- Have I given up God’s joy in pursuit of Worldly recognition?
- Have I allowed my past to make me stumble in following Christ?