Introduction to I Corinthians
We are studying I Corinthians so that we might learn what it means to practice Christ like, sacrificial love in the church and in our relationships with each other as a testimony of the power of the gospel to the world.
God’s word in I Corinthians teaches us that:
- How we relate to one another matters.
- How we deal with sin in the life of the church matters.
- How we use our physical bodies matters.
- How we use our freedom in Christ matters.
- How we lead matters.
- How we worship matters.
- How we use our spiritual gifts matters.
- How we love one another matters.
- How we view the resurrection matters.
What’s Love Got To Do With It?
I Corinthians 1:1-17 and I Corinthians 13
Love Never Fails!
- Paul reminds the Corinthians that they are called to be holy. I Cor. 1:1-3
- Paul reminds the Corinthians that they must rely on the Lord to be blameless until His return. 1:4-9
- Problem # 1:Paul identifies the first problem in Corinth as the church quarreling among themselves. 1:10-16
- Paul reminds the Corinthians that the answer to division in the church is to focus on the gospel which is based on the sacrificial love of Christ for them. 1:17
Main Idea: Choosing to live a life of sacrificial, Christ like love toward others is essential to developing harmony in the church.
Application: Will you join with us in memorizing I Corinthians 13? How are you living your life in light of the any moment return of the Lord? Who is God calling you to love sacrificially? How are you doing in loving others well?