The King is Coming: His Justice Will Prevail
Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near. Revelation 1:3
- Prayers for justice by the righteous will be answered by the Lord as the trumpet judgments unfold against the wicked on the earth during the time of the great tribulation. 8:1-9:19
- The righteous pray for God’s justice to prevail. 8:1-5
- The first four trumpet judgments announce how the Lord will use his creation to judge those who continue in rebellion against him. 8:6-13
- The fifth and sixth trumpet judgments announce how the Lord will use demonic forces to bring a terrible judgment on those who continue in rebellion against him. 9:1-19
- God’s righteous judgment of the wicked on the earth during the great tribulation will reveal their unrepentant rebellion against Him. 9:20-21
Lessons for us:
- God always answers our prayers for His justice to prevail.
- God always exacts judgment on unrepentant wicked people.
- God gives the wicked every opportunity to turn to him in faith.
- God’s judgment on the wicked does not guarantee that they will turn to Him in faith.
What are you praying for God to do? Who are you praying for that needs the savior? Are you praying for God’s kingdom to come and His will to be done? Why or why not?