The King Is Coming: He Will Make Everything New
“Behold, I am coming soon! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book.” Revelation 22:7
Context: In light of the imminent return of Christ, God has promised to make everything new. 21:5
- The faithful are promised to be present in the new heavens and new earth and the glorious new Jerusalem. 21:1-2; 6-7a
- The faithful are promised a new comforting presence with God in eternity. 21:3-4
- The faithful are promised a new intimate family connection with God in eternity. 21:7b
- The faithful are promised the blessing of a new vibrant life of service and reigning with Christ in the glorious New Jerusalem. 21:9-22:5
- The final words of the Revelation of Christ remind us that the message is trustworthy, and it demands a response from all of humanity because Christ is coming soon. 22:6-21
- Note: Blessing is promised to those who keep the words of the Revelation of Christ. Judgment is promised to those who distort the Revelation of Jesus Christ.
- His promised imminent coming inspires the faithful to worship God.
- His promised imminent coming inspires faithful service that God will reward.
- His promised imminent coming should motivate the sinner to receive the free gift of eternal life now.
- His promised imminent coming should motivate the faithful to proclaim come Lord Jesus!
Application: How prepared are you for the any moment return of Christ?