The King is Coming: Do Not Be Afraid
Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near. Revelation 1:3
- John explains his connection with the faithful in the seven churches.1:9
- John shares what he saw and heard in the Spirit. 1:10-11
- John describes what the exalted Christ looked like. 1:12-16
- John records the powerful relationship between the exalted Christ and the seven churches.1:12,16,20
- John highlights his reaction to the exalted Christ. 1:17a
- John shares the comforting actions and words of the exalted Christ. 1:17b-19
Main Idea: We can have confidence in God’s unfolding plans and purposes for the future because they are communicated by a spiritually qualified witness who obediently wrote down what he saw and what he heard from the exalted, living Christ.
Lessons for us:
- We can trust the Revelation of Christ because it is written by a spiritually qualified witness.
- We are blessed that God graciously reveals His future plans to us.
- We are motivated to be faithful to Christ because of his ongoing presence in His church.
- We are motivated to worship Christ because of His exalted glory.
- We are mercifully comforted by Christ who is eternal and victorious over death.