Caught up in Him: More than Words
1 Thessalonians 1 & 2
“We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us.” 1 Thessalonians 2:8
Main Idea: The gospel message is empowered by the Holy Spirit, deeply connects us to one another, and brings glory and joy for the Lord.
The good news of the gospel is more than words when…
- The message of freedom from sin is accompanied by the Holy Spirit’s convicting work in the conscience of man. vs 1:1-7
- One life changed by God’s work has repercussions in the lives of many others. vs1:8-10
- The truth is shared accompanied by a sincere heart and compelling care. vs 2:1-12
- God’s grace is joyfully received despite opposition, discouragement, and hostility from His adversaries. vs 2:13-20
- Have you chosen to resist God’s offer of rescue from the coming wrath?
- Has the good news of God’s forgiveness spread from your life into those close to you?
- Have you invited Jesus to reach through your life into the heart of someone who needs Him?