Caught up in Him: Growth through Adversity
1 Thessalonians 3
“Night and day we pray most earnestly that we may see you again and supply what is lacking in your faith.”
1 Thessalonians 3:10
Main Idea: Embracing the challenge of adversity produces a mature believer that grows in faith in God, loves others and is holy before God.
- How we choose to respond to difficulty sets us on a path of maturity or decline. vs.1-5 (Rom 8:29, 2 Cor 3:18)
- Growth through adversity leads to an enlarged faith.
- Growth through adversity can increase our capacity to love others. vs 11-12
- A maturing believer has a heart that strives for holiness. vs 13 (Heb 12:14, 2 Peter 1:3, Heb 4:12-13)
- How do you generally respond to difficulty? Do you seek to avoid it? Do you ever try to take matters into your own hands when you should be trusting God?
- Are you willing to continue to love someone who has hurt you?
- Are you content with maintaining external holiness, and not working on the holiness of your thoughts and attitude internally?