Bearing Spiritual Fruit
Main Idea: Our deep, intimate, dependent, love relationship with Jesus flourishes with spiritual fruit and brings glory to God when we choose to obey Him. 15:1-17
Jesus teaches all those who have trusted in him for salvation to live with Him in deep intimate fellowship. 15:1-6
- Jesus is the source of your spiritual fruitfulness. Vs. 1a, 4-5
- God does whatever is necessary to help you to be spiritually fruitful. 1b-2
- Note the context: Jesus declared his disciples to be born again.15:3;13:10
- When you fail to pursue intimate fellowship with Christ it always has consequences. John 15:6
When you choose to obey Jesus and His teaching you bear spiritual fruit and bring glory to God. 15:7-17
- You testify that you are a devoted follower of Jesus. 15:8
- You are promised answers to your prayers. 15:7, 16b; 14:13-14
- You demonstrate your sacrificial love for Him. 15:9-10
- You experience true joy. 15:11
- You are identified as His intimate friend. 15:14-15
- You sacrificially love others. 15:12-13,17
- By God’s grace what choices do you need to make today to bear spiritual fruit for the glory of God?
- Are you living a life of independence or dependence?