All in on the Word of God
Context: Nehemiah was directed by the Lord to list those who courageously returned to the Promised Land after the exile to identify who was qualified to populate a rebuilt Jerusalem. 7:4-73
The unified assembly of the restored community invited Ezra to read publicly the Law of Moses which resulted in the beginning of a spiritual revival in the nation. 8:1-18
Main Idea: The catalyst for true revival in your heart is the attentive reading, understanding and applying of the word of God.
- When you are attentive to the word of the Lord it encourages you to worship God. Vs. 5
- When you are attentive to the word of the Lord it convicts you of your sin. Vs.9
- When you are attentive to the word of the Lord it causes you to be joyful in the Lord. Vv.10, 12, 17
- When you are attentive to the word of the Lord it reminds you of the faithfulness of God. Vv.13-18
- Do you know the plans and purposes for your life as expressed in the word of God?
- What is your response to the word of God?
- How attentive have you been to the truth in God’s word?
- What are you doing to gain more understanding of the word of God?
- Do you have a better understanding of God’s word today then you did yesterday?
2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Hebrews 4:12-13 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.