All In from the Heart
Nehemiah 2:17-18; 3:1-32; 4:6
Context: The people enthusiastically engaged in the rebuilding of the wall in order to accomplish the plan of God for restoring Jerusalem as the spiritual center of the nation.
- The people confidently responded to the plan of God to rebuild the wall because Nehemiah had shared with them how God had prepared the way. Nehemiah 2:17-18
- He shared the need in Jerusalem for restoration.
- He shared the truth of God’s presence with him in the mission.
- He shared the generous response of the king to the mission.
- His message motivated the people to start this good work.
- The people, from every walk of life, enthusiastically joined Nehemiah in the plan of God to strategically rebuild the wall because they saw the need. Nehemiah 3:1-31, 4:6
- People from all walks of life worked on rebuilding the wall.
- People outside the city came to work on the wall.
- People were willing to disrupt their normal way of life to do the work of God.
- The wall builders were described as working with all their heart.
Main Idea: When God’s plan becomes clear to you it should motivate you to enthusiastically do what is needed to carry it out.
- Has God revealed his plans to you through his word? How have you responded?
- Has God revealed his plans to you through godly leaders?
- Has God revealed his plans to you through others?
- Is it clear to those around you that you are all in on the will of God in your heart?